Possible new pool owner

Swordfish

Bronze Supporter
Aug 21, 2013
Brighton, MI
Good afternoon!

I've been lurking for awhile and have greatly benefited from this site! Thanks!

We are purchasing a new home, and like many other new owners have posted, it comes with a pool! It is a 20 x 40 inground SWG vinyl, about 36000 gallons. We are very excited.

The home is a relo, so the owner is signing it over to the relo company, and then we are purchasing from the relo company. We had the pool inspected and it appears to be in good shape. Everything is original from 2005, but liner is good for awhile. The SWG is probably near its end of life, but I'm ok with that.

Since we are closing on the home close to the end of September, and its located in Michigan, we stipulated that the relo company must pay a professional to close the pool in our presence. Thats just too much to worry about at the end of the season. Since the local pool company was not available, the actual pool builder will be there to close it for the season. I will get to ask all kinds of questions! The only drawback I see is that since its still summer, the pool temp is high and we are likely to have some issues come spring time. (The pool will be closed tomorrow).

Anyway, just wanted to say hi. Please let me know if you have any suggestions for me as far as closing the pool early or what to ask the builder tomorrow.

Thanks !

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

We recommend closing when the water remains below 60 degrees to reduce the likelihood of problems in the spring. Here is the process we recommend:
pool-school/closing_in_ground_pool

Any chance to having them come back later to close it? If not, it is nothing that can not be dealt with the spring ... giving you all winter to read, learn, and ask questions.

I forgot to mention the owners have already relocated, so there will be no one to maintain the pool until we can have access toward the end of Sept. I think we are all better off closing early and taking care of business in the spring.

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.