What is the difference between green algae and yellow mustard algae? Also can pollen mimic algae? The reason I ask is that I have been battling algae the past two weeks.
I have shocked to 15 ppm and kept it up until chlorine held overnight. Water is clear but when I brush it in the afternoon I see what appears to be a fine film of algae after I push the brush across the bottom. I am just wondering if I am not shoicking high enough or if the chlorine is dipping mid-day. There is no sign of algae in the mornings when I brush. How high can I safely shock the pool- it has a vinyl liner?