Goldline AquaRite - no power light

Apr 20, 2008
Hi - please help!

I have a Goldline AquaRite SWG - has been running trouble-free since January 2006. We went on a trip and came back to a green pool - zero cholorine!!

The AquaRite has no lights on - meaning power LED light and generating lights are off - although it is showing the salt count to be 3200. I have kept it clean and serviced it at the proper intervals - so this is a surprise. It is hooked to a 2 speed pump and is on when the pump is on low - the pump is working.

I did check the fuse on the main panel - it is fine - I even changed it just in case - but that does not help.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

I just got off the phone with Goldline - it appears that it might be a warranty issue based on the cereal number - a company they recommend is coming out tomorrow so I will keep you all posted! It was installed when the pool was built - January 2006.

Okay - here is the scoop.

Although my pool was built and complete in January 2006, the SWG I have is from 2004 and apparently they have upgraded the computer board several times since then to improve upon the design.

So, to make a long story short, there is a component on that board that is broken and I need a new board - which would usually cost $780. But since it is installed 01/2006 the pool company will get it replaced for free and I am out $144 for labor. But I get a new board - so I am happy with that.

Just thought I should share this saga in case anyone else has a board that was made around that time or this happens to them.

It does sound like Goldline is good about giving a warranty on their products over time - for example, if the fuel cell goes bad they offer a better deal after 3 years or 4 years than if it went 5 years. They prorate it. I hope that makes sense. That is what they would have done with the board if it wasn't covered under warranty.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.