New pool in DFW. Pics updated 12-10-13

Hi, just wanted to say hello and thanks for the wealth of information on this site!!! We are in the process of working with a builder and our bank. We are hoping to start construction next month. Here is the design we have come up with for the backyard. The pool will be 3' - 8' deep with a 12'L x 2.5'H waterfall surrounding the tanning ledge. Jump rock and propane heated hot tub. Flagstone coping and 800 s.f. of stamped concrete is the plan. I will be building a pergola after construction is complete. Can't wait to get started. Will update as we progress! :-D

Attachments

• pool.png
    pool.png
    48.3 KB · Views: 1,215
Re: Intro and Preliminary Design...Newbie from Texas

Welcome to the forum! Nice design, and not a lot different than what we have in mind for a spring build. Read away, there are tons of builds and all are interesting. You might pick up some cool ideas too.

Welcome to the addiction! Looks like a very nice layout/design! It's unsolicited advice, so I hope I'm not offending you, but one thing you might consider is the position of the spa. We considered having it close to the house for easy access like yours, but we ended up moving it around so that spillway faces the house. That way if we are on the patio or looking out of the living room windows, we can enjoy the 'water feature' of the spa.

*edited to correct grammar

That looks very similar to my next door neighbors plot in shape!
I hear where Zach5150 is coming from (we had this discussion with our PB) but we ended up with the spa close to the house as we wanted to put a TV under the covered patio and be able to watch it from the spa so I guess it depends on how you'll use the spa.

I like the design. Keep us posted!

cbink said:
That looks very similar to my next door neighbors plot in shape!
I hear where Zach5150 is coming from (we had this discussion with our PB) but we ended up with the spa close to the house as we wanted to put a TV under the covered patio and be able to watch it from the spa so I guess it depends on how you'll use the spa.

I like the design. Keep us posted!

Yup - good point. It all depends on the reason behind the design! ;)

markadamarnold said:
You make a good point, but the main waterfall is directly behind the tanning ledge, so that will be a perfect view from the house. Thanks!

Cool. I love the idea of the waterfall on the tanning ledge. Too bad we are shooting gunite in 3 days or I may have had to "borrow" that idea! :)

markadamarnold said:
Good news...we got the appraisal back and everything looks good. The bank said they need a few more days to draw up the final paperwork. Once we get that done and permitting out of the way, digging will commence. =)

That's exciting! Hope all goes well in the final stages! :cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Construction has begun...here are a few pictures of what has been done.

This thing drove up my driveway...
Driveway.jpg

First Scoop:
FirstScoop.jpg

More Digging:
Digging.jpg

Rebar, grounding and lights roughed in:
Rebar.jpg

This all happened on Friday and Saturday. Moving fast!

Plumber and electrician are supposed to be here today to run everything and builder says hopefully gunite Wednesday after inspections. :goodjob:

Woohoo! :whoot:

Looking great so far! That's a big digger! We only had a little bobcat though it still made short work of it to be honest. I loved watching the guys carve out the walls - thought that was really cool to watch.

Re: New pool in DFW. Pics updated 10-11-13

I noticed that your PB did not install a selector filter valve. There is no way to backwash or drain pool. I wonder why he did this? :cheers: :cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.