[[FC Shock Level Question]]

Hello...

So I just drained over 2/3 of our pool and going to SLAM it. I have ran the tests for my PH and the levels are at 7.5... I am curious how much chlorine/bleach I should use? After running the test it looks like I have .5ppm, and I am confused at what level I should SLAM it to as the recommended levels are 3-7 (pool-school/recommended_levels) maintenance, but I am seeing shock levels on here at 30ppm.

I have 10% liquid chlorine, and I am am just curious if I should raise them to 30ppm or the 3-7ppm with pretty much clear fresh water with no signs of algae?

If 30, I am showing via the http://www.poolcalculator.com/ to add 334 oz or 2.2 Gallons or if 7ppm I should add 74 oz or 2 quarts 1 cup 2 oz.

Thanks!

Why are you going to SLAM if you have no reason? You would use the 30ppm for the shock level. You can do the OCLT to see if something is in the water requiring the SLAM process.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.