New Pool build quote Houston Tx (Updated Quote)

ftdoan

Aug 19, 2013
Hey Guys been lurking around here for awhile and am close to pulling the trigger on a pool (Hopefully). I am located in south houston (Pearland) and have met with a few pool builders here. We got recommended from Ultimate Pools from here, they gave us a quote below. He is giving me options on what pentair pump(s) I want so we are going back and fourth if we should go with a different pump for the water features and a pump for the main pool and if so which ones would you guys advise?

30x14" Rectangular Pool
4x10" outside of main pool Tanning Ledge
No Spa

All Plans & Permits Included
45 Day Build Time From Excavation Included
Pool School Included
Test Kit, Leaf Skimmer, Thermomter Included
Pool & Brush Included

STEEL
4 Bar Bond Beam with 8 x 8 3/8 OC Included
ELECTRICAL/LIGHTING
150 Ft of Elec/lites Run Included
2" piping
1 Intellibrite 5g LED light

Coping/Masonry/Rockwork/Fencing Gunite
Tanning Ledge Included
2 Tanning ledge Bubblers
Straight Edge Travertine Pavers around Pool Included
Steps & Benches Included
30 Ft 12 Inch Raised Beam (Stacked Stone) Included
3 24 inch Waterfall scuppers

EXCAVATION
Standard access Included DECKING
Fence down and replace Included
Remove Excavation Dirt Included
Site Clean Up Included

PLUMBING
2 Skimmers Included
Manual Fill Line/Overflow Included
Safety Standard Drain Included
6 Return Lines Included TILE/INTERIOR FINISH
All pool piping Schedule 40 PVC Included
6 inch Water line Glass Mosaic Tile
Finest Finish Grey & White Included
20 Year Warranty Diamond Brite finish (Any Color)
3 Year Warranty on Equipment
Included

EQUIPMENT
2 HP VS Speed Included (Can change to what I want)
420 Sf Pentair Cartridge Filter Included
Time Clock Included
Pentair Kreepy Krauly v2 Vacuum Included

Total $26,000

Re: New Pool build quote Houston Tx

I second loosing the Nature 2, also the 2 HP VS pump is going to be overkill, you could likely manage just fine with a 2 speed 1 or 1.5 HP, and save $500. Depth is not mentioned nor is size in gallons so it is hard to say if the cartridge filter is sized right. From what I have seen the MX8 seems to be a fairly good suction side cleaner, but I have not looked at them closely. Have you considered how you plan to Chlorinate, if your considering an SWG (saltwater chlorine generator) be aware the salt levels in the water can erode soft natural stones like Travertine if it is not kept properly sealed. Also I would specify 2 inch PVC pipes, if they are not already included.

Ike

p.s. you may also want to research some on glass mosiac tile, it can be a money pit to maintain long term.

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

At first glance that is dirt cheap, and it leaves a good amount of room for decking. You cannot build and equip that for 28K here I promise you. Have you talked to just one other builder? Also curious about the depth, but do lose the Nature2 system. Read about it here in the forums...lots of threads on it.

Thanks Guys! The depth is going to be 4-5.5 feet and will just regular chlorine. Should I just drop the nature 2 fusion all together or replace with something else?

Would a one speed pump cost me more in electricity to run than a VS one?

Our backyard is pretty small and we opted for a small ledge to have more swimming space but I may have to reconsider this now

A 1 speed pump would cost you more to run than a VS depending on the speed you run the VS at and the HP of each (a 2.5 HP VS set to low speed will use less power than a 1 speed 1.5 HP, but a 2.5 HP VS set to max would use more electricity). We very rarely suggest buying 1 speed pumps around here, 2 speed are a far better compromise as they allow running on low speed the majority of the time and saving power then can be ran on high for vacuuming, back washing (if you have a sand or DE filter), etc. The thing is a VS pump will save you some power even over a 2 speed, but unless you have very high electric rates that savings will never pay the difference in price, sometimes there are other reasons why you may want a VS pump, for example they make find tuning water features much simpler.

Ike

p.s there is a new compromise on the front of VS pumps, that is if your pool builder uses Hayward brand pumps, as a few months ago (many pool builders don't seem to know about them yet) they introduced a couple of smaller and more price friendly VS pumps, the Superpump VS and the Max-Flo VS (we here feel the Max-Flo is the better of the two), until now all VS pumps have been one size fits all 2-2.5HP with remote control interface, etc. which are oversized for most pools, by comparison the Max-Flo VS is 1.5 HP, has no control interface to work with an automation system, but does have an onboard digital timer control panel that also shows current electrical consumption. This onboard controller can at least partly take the place of needing a separate timer (I think it allows cycle timing for hi/low speed, but does not have a time clock for time of day control, double check this if you look into it though)

Welcome to TFP! That's a very reasonably priced quote and I agree with the comments on the tanning ledge (it's more of a bench). For comparison, try Ultimate Pools and Spa (281-253-6756); Scott (owner) is very easy to work with and was on-site throughout the build. I'm just up the road from you~Start-to-finish, my build was 17-days TOTAL.

My first thought was also that's a very reasonable price. Make sure you know the cost of the decking upfront. It depends on what you're getting and how much (a lot of advice on here to not skimp on this as you'll probably want more than you realize). I can tell you mine was a significant amount (1350 sqft) and ran me about $11/sqft ($6.5/sqft for concrete and $4.5/sqft for stamped overlay). There are plenty of options for decking at various price points I just wanted to highlight that it may not be an insignificant amount.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We took pragmatic's advise and got a great quote from Ultimate Pools!! We dropped the nature2 and tweaked a few things. We still need advise on our pumps. Whether or not to go with 2 pumps instead of 1 and the hard question which pump specifically?

Maybe I'm the only person, but I think that price is great.

30 ft long. I'd suggest another light. Sounds like you've got a grip on the other stuff that other's chimed in over. Any chance you have a plan you can post? They're always fun to look at.

ftdoan said:
We took pragmatic's advise and got a great quote from Ultimate Pools!! We dropped the nature2 and tweaked a few things. We still need advise on our pumps. Whether or not to go with 2 pumps instead of 1 and the hard question which pump specifically?
Excellent! I'll get the specs on the Pentair pumps Scott installed. I know they're single speed, but very quiet and the electrical draw is barely noticeable. Both are the same (one for waterfall). Let me know if you want to drop by and take a look at our pool.

26K in Australia would only get you a fibreglass pool..... :-( A really big one, and a super nice one, fully installed with decking and landscaping..... But that price is awesome for a concrete plastered pool..... :) I would suggest a peristaltic pump or a Hasa Liquidator to add chlorine... :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.