Help with green bathing suit ................

Kathyonthefarm

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 14, 2008
Chatham, Ohio
Last week, when the pool was not at its best and temps were soaring, my daughter and grand daughter took a dip. Parts (the material that isn't purple) of my grand daughters bathing suit turned from a nice white to an algae green. Any ideas how to get it out?
Thanks..............from Ohio
:scratch:

Kathyonthefarm said:
We did put a sunscreen on her, but it was lotion............AND the straps are where it is green............now that you mentioned it. Any ideas?
Thanks, frustratedpoolmom ;)

I dunno....but a couple summers ago when our pool water was not balanced, we used that spray sunscreen at the time, and my daughter's suit and some areas of her skin, turned green. Happened to my friends daughter too, with the same kind of spray, after swimming in our pool. I mean green..... It scrubbed off the skin, with a lot of elbow grease, but the suit was permanently green.

Did you by any chance put any kind of algaecide that might have contained copper in your pool? Or swam in another pool that may have contained a copper-based algaecide? I think it's some kind of chemical reaction with certain sunscreens.

If there is a fix, I don't know it. When my kids (and my white dog) had green hair from the copper in our pool, we used a shampoo by Nexxus to get it out. Maybe you can try washing the suit in that? It's called "Aloe Rid" by Nexxus - Waterbear recommended it and it worked on the green hair, so maybe it would work on the suit? I bought it at Wal-mart.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.