Oops! I forgot my pool! (A photo series)

Kias

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 31, 2009
NW Ohio
Well, there's really no excuse this time. It just got cold, we were taking mini-vacations, etc... Like I said, no excuse, but it happened, so I'll deal with it. :hammer:

If you're thinking about going the BBB method, but aren't quite convinced yet. Follow this thread for the next few days. I promise you'll have a whole new outlook on pool care! Now if you don't have the time to follow this thread for the next few days, just head on over to this thread that I posted a couple years ago.

So, off we go! No readings yet, really, what's the point.

So, the given is 0 FC. Last known CYA was 50, PH is 7.8. It's ALWAYS 7.8. I quit fighting it years ago and just leave it there. It's fine.

Two Gallons of 10% were added to kick things off will bring it to around 18 on the FC scale. The first readings will be taken in about an hour.

pool146.jpg

FC: 14
CC: .5
CYA: 50

Thus ends a complete set of readings! Well, as complete as I need at this junction. It's the green stuff I'm after right now. Everything else is irrelevant right now.

Using the SpeedStir Magnetic Stirrer to measure FC
pool147.jpg

Hour 2
FC 10
Added one gallon

Hour 3
FC 13

The green is getting a little duller in color. That's the sound of algae screaming for it's life!
It's also getting a little bit clearer. It'll be sparkling in no time now!
pool148.jpg

The all important pressure gauge. Pump's on high right now!
pool149.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
foobert said:
Hmmph. You've stripped all the exif data away from my prying eyes. :suspect:

State your photographic equipment, if you would please! :mrgreen:

I've just been using snagit to post the photos here. Fastest way to resize them... It strips the EXIF.

I use a Nikon D7000 with a Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4 DC OS MACRO.

If you're really bored, my Project 365 is on-going over at Nikonites right here.
Still bored? My not so updated website is http://www.rjsoap.com

Hour 5
FC 16
CC 0
Chucked in another gallon for good measures. That'll be all for the night as 4:30 comes real early. Stupid work always interfering.

Anyway, I'll dump in another gallon in the morning, then off to work.

Stand by for further updates around 3:30ish tomorrow afternoon! It's almost sparkling again, I can just taste it!

Hour 25

Well I put a gallon in this morning around 4:30. Then I went to work and just added another gallon when I got home. I'll give it a few minutes to get all mixed up then go take a reading. I also did a quick backwash/rinse of the filter. It was very very green. That'll be less algae the chlorine has to work on now.

It's looking real nice! The green is giving way to a more greyish color which means the algae is dying. You can also see the floor if you look hard enough. I'm happy with the progress. Won't be long now!

pool153.jpg

Hour 26
FC 14
CC .5

Hour 27
FC 9
CC 0
Added another Gallon.

Exciting stuff, eh?

Between 26 and 27 I took apart my old razor to replace the non-replaceable batteries.
Even more exciting, no?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.