3superkids

Jun 15, 2008
Hi everyone,
I have had this pool for several years and have been following the pool store's advice until I found you guys. I have to admit I am getting really frustrated with my pool this year.

Unfortunately, I did not close the pool for the winter so I started out with a DARK green mess. I was able to scoop all the debris out and I shocked it with the granules from the pool place at $4 a bag. After using 12 of them my pool went from green to brown to a blue green cloudy color. The pool store then sold me a $20 bottle of clarifier to help clear the cloudiness (nothing changed after adding it). After losing my power for the night I woke up to green water again! I have been using bleach & removed the pucks since finding this website and nothing seems to be happening. I have the 6 way test kit from Wal-mart and my CL is above 5 (its orange so I think it's above 5) PH is 6.8 (I used approx half of a 5lb box of borax to get it there) CY is about 100, Alkalinity is pretty high as I can't get the color to change to red (I stopped adding the drops at around 20)

I brush it several times a day and have been adding 2 gallons of bleach 3 times a day. Please help me figure out if I'm doing something wrong or if I need to do something in addition to what I am doing.