Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
My main pump (VS) runs on the lowest speed from 9 - 4pm
My cleaner runs from 10:15 to 1:15

Would there ever be a time when I need to crank the speed up?

15000 - 16000 gal water (I've been going off 16,000)

Thank you in advance..

EDIT: I don't know how to turn it up for cleaning, etc, or I would. It's all computerized.

Hi imrodee:

What kind of cleaner are you using? If you are using a Polaris or similar and if it runs off your booster pump, then I see no need to crank up the speed of the VS pump. If this is your setup, the booster pump installed by the PB should be sized to work with your cleaner. OTOH, if your cleaner runs off of your main VS pump and you suspect the cleaner is not working as it should, then you might experiment with turning up the speed a bit.

If you use a different type of cleaner or if my assumption above is not applicable to your pool, please post an update and we will go from there.

Thanks Bo, Polaris is running off a 3/4 HP Booster. It does a great job.

Will 16000 gallons of pool water sift thru the DE filter running on low?

Thanks!

imrodee said:
Will 16000 gallons of pool water sift thru the DE filter running on low?
Yes. Granted, on low speed, it will take longer for that 16,000 gallons to cycle through the filter. However, many people report better filtration when running a pump at a lower speed vs. a higher one.

You will need to learn the turn the speed up eventually.

You should be checking your filter pressure on a higher speed to know when to backwash. And you will also need the higher speed to backwash the filter.

Thank you! I will be backwashing this afternoon now that the SLAMing process is over and I'm stabilized for now. I probably need to clean the whole filter anyhow.

I'll read up on how to manually boost the speed in a bit. This automation is great, except for times like this. I'll be back if I can't figure it out.

THANKS!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.