Lost pressure

jjdurrant

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 27, 2008
MN
Hey all.. my pool generally runs 12-18PSI.. I noticed my heater shows LO (not enough flow I am guessing) and the PSI gauge on the cart filter canister is only readying about 3PSI. I did buy a riding mower recently and accidently blew a bunch of grass clippings in the pool.. cleaned out skimmers and pump filter basket as well as swapped out the four filter cartridges with some spares I ahd.. there were no clippings in the cartridge filters, but they were a bit slimy. I am at a loss. Any idea what else might be the culprit?

The water flow into the pump seems OK I think.. see pic.

9542914114_2f41b0ca95_h.jpg

9540126795_0ee2a1b871_c.jpg

jjdurrant said:
I did buy a riding mower recently and accidently blew a bunch of grass clippings in the pool.
The clippings might have gotten stuck in the impeller. Check the impeller inlet first to see if you can pull anything out but you might need to take the pump apart.

Here's another idea. The grass "may" have gotten by the pump basket and gotten wound around the impeller of the pump. Kill all power to the pump then remove the pump strainer. Reach in with your fingers and feel if there is anything around the impeller. If so, just keep pulling it out and wash it all out with a garden hose. Replace all the hardware and give it a whirl. Has worked for me several time with pine needles and for some others as well. GOOD LUCK!!!
Sami

Thanks guys.. I verified is wasn't a suction line as I am able to draw plenty of water from each one at a time. I am up to 5psi.. I will check the impeller and report back.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.