How can i get rid of these stains? Please help.

Jun 2, 2013
I recently inherited responsibility for keeping up the pool. Before I got it figured out, it was dirty and green and swampish for a while. Now that it's clean, I'm noticing that stains that existed before now seem to be intensified. They have gotten a lot worse. Is there any way I can get rid of them or fade them even just a little. I will try to attach a photo, but it may or may not work. Please someone help. I'm only a teen and I'm not really sure on all this stuff. If you need more pictures, just ask. The one I posted isn't the best but its of the bottom of the pool.

Attachments

• pool stain.JPG
    pool stain.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 78
I've seen the following suggested:
- Hold a trichlor tablet to one of the stains. If this lightens or removes the stain, it is organic (perhaps from leaves sitting on the bottom, for example). Maintaining the proper chlorine level and brushing the pool will lighten them over time.
- If the trichlor does nothing, the stains may be from metal. Try holding a vitamin C tablet on a stain and see if it lightens or removes the stain. If so, it is a metal stain. If there is some other change instead, describe it and hopefully an expert can chime in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.