Pool Resurface Question

vcs

Aug 17, 2013
It has been 4 weeks to this day that our pool was replastered with a Diamondbrite mixture of Onyx/Midnight Blue. I do not know the final ratio, but it was to be more Onyx than Blue. However, we definitely got more of a blue color than onyx, at least from the looks of it at this point. I am holding out hopes that the plaster will continue to darken. My question is that the walls are darker like the onyx sample, but the bottom of the pool still appears to still have a good bit of light cream coat on it, and the floor is marbleized throughout. This is preventing the darker onyx color from being as visible, if that makes sense. I think that is why the pool is taking on a bluer hue. We are especially concerned where the bottom in the deep end meets the side. There is a very visible streak 1-2 ft high x 15ft long along the curve at the bottom. I have attached a photo of this area. What you are seeing is not a reflection, but an actual lighter streak that runs along the end of the pool. The pool has been brushed daily and chemicals are still being monitored by the PB. The PB did an acid wash before the pool was filled. We have a saltwater pool, but it was not started up for 3 weeks after fill. Up until that point, chlorine and acid were being added by the PB. Should we be concerned at this point about the streak, given that it has only been a month? The PB suggested that they could use an acid pad on the streak. They are ready to turn the pool chemistry over to us, and we have our final payment to the PB next week.

Attachments

• Poolphoto.JPG
    Poolphoto.JPG
    479.1 KB · Views: 126
Not sure I understand how a "acid pad" (not sure what that is but sounds like a acid treatment) would do anything to bring that lighter streak darker to match the surrounding areas. Seems as though somehow this lighter area will need to become darker (not sure that is even possible) or the other darker areas everywhere else will need to be lightened to match. Did the PB warn you of the possibility of mottling when you chose the finish? Did they they have a stipulation in your contract for the possibility of mottling?

Nothing in the contract regarding mottling. I had done some research about darker pool bottoms prior and expected some slight mottling to a degree, but nothing of this magnitude. We have other areas with less noticeable mottling, which we can accept. I think they are assuming the pad concentrated with acid might help to remove what we are hoping is still cream coat which has not fully dissipated.
Is that what it could possibly be at only one month out?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.