Adding Acid

G

Hello everyone
I need to add acid to my pool. Since I never did this before how do I actually add it to my pool. Skimmer? Spread over pool?
I am using liquid Muriatic acid 31%.
Thanks for any help you can provide.
Bob M.

I don't like to pour chemicals directly into the skimmer as I don't want to chance damaging the pump, filter, valve seals, etc. as that high concentration goes through them. I just go around the pool and pour some out in front of each return. This mixes the chemical into the pool water quite nicely. :)

You can also add it to a 5 gallon bucket of water and then pour that mixture in front of the returns to dilute it even better.

Be VERY careful with the MA. That stuff is nasty. Stay upwind, as the fumes will take your breath away. Wear goggles, as splashing it in your eyes will ruin your day. :wink: If you get any on your skin, immediately rinse it off or it will start burning. And yes, you will see "smoke" coming from the bottle sometimes. :shock:

Thank you, Gentlemen.
Once again you have come through for all of us novices.
Your ongoing help is very much appreciated.
This forum makes pool ownership not so scary.
Thanks again and have a wonderful summer
Bob M
:lol:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.