CL too high!

snipe

Jul 15, 2007
Just opened the other day and put in WAY too much CL by mistake. Latest number are:

FC: 23!
CC: .6
TA: 150
CYA: low. Added some CYA the other day but ran out of test reagent.More on order.
pH: 7.4

I'm obviously concerned about the CL levels and bleaching my liner at this point. Doesn't look like any sunny weather on the horizon to burn some of it off either. Any suggestions? I'm going to add some water to dliute it but the water is already about an 2" from the top of my skimmer.

Thanks.

Mark

When did you put it in? Probably any damage will have already occurred. If your CYA is low (roughly, what is it?) it will be gone in 4-5 days, anyway.

My bet is you will have no damage.

Hi Dave and thanks for your reply. I put the CL in last night to give it a chance to do it's thing through the night and then I tested it this morning around 10:00. As I said previously, I am diluting it as much as possible at the moment by adding as much water as I can. I've stopped now and it's at the top of the skimmer. The lliner doesn't APPEAR to have suffered any damage that I can see.

Wheww. I think I just dodged a bullet. I didn't think it would have such a huge effect. The CL the previous night was at 3 and I had some combined CL so I thought I'd hit it hard to clear up the combined but I think I over did it a bit :) .

I had to add a significant amount of makeup water this spring so therefore I think my CYA is almost non-existant. I did add roughly 3-4 lbs 2 days ago and it's already dissloved so my CYA, if not in range, is probably close to being in range.

Thanks,

Mark

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.