Having a hard time finding a vacuum for my intex pool.

Jun 22, 2013
Northern Indiana
What vacuums are you guys using? I tried the garden hose vac but ended up overflowing parts and it was a mess. My black rubber garden hose also left streak marks on my pool where it had slid against it. So I ruled that type out as it was just too messy. I also looked into the Kokido Skooba Vac, but it is only recommended for up to 1000 gpm pumps. Mine is 1500 gpm. Someone has to have found something else. Please throw me a line!

yister said:
I just bought this one, but I do have the 2650 sand filter.
http://www.amazon.com/Pentair-GW8000-Au ... _sbs_lg_35

It's really fast and has very few moving parts. I've tried the dave diver/wanda fish and had no luck with those. Broke something on the diver dave on the first day.

That's the same one I use, but I also have the 2650, I doubt it would work well with the 1000gph cartridge, not to mention the difficulty hooking it up without either having a skimmer or the inlet that comes with the 2650.

Ok thanks. I think I'll order the deluxe skimmer. Looks like itd help prevent some of this. Plus hopefully Ill get that fitting. Then Ill go from there. Maybe rig up a section of hose and a snorkel mask. Because I really do want a sand filter for next year. My first pool and its only been up a week. Its amazing how fast the simple flaws come out.

Thanks again,
Ryan G.

I have a manual vacuum...wish I had an automatic one but I'm too cheap for that right now. Mine is a triangle vacuum head from lowes and I use my telescoping pole and hose (from Walmart) I just remove the piece that attaches my skimmer hose to the wall intake and stick the end of the hose in there. (After making sure it's full of water) The pump suction holds it in and it works great!

One of these days maybe I can invest in an automatic vacuum of some sort. ...

Beens said:
I have a manual vacuum...wish I had an automatic one but I'm too cheap for that right now. Mine is a triangle vacuum head from lowes and I use my telescoping pole and hose (from Walmart) I just remove the piece that attaches my skimmer hose to the wall intake and stick the end of the hose in there. (After making sure it's full of water) The pump suction holds it in and it works great!

Good thinking! This is what I'm going to do. If I'm thinking correctly? You bypass all fittings and stick the hoses together?
Thanks because Im on the cheap too for the rest of this season.

I'm not 100% sure how your skimmer attaches to the wall intake, but there is a hose that goes from the bottom of my skimmer (It's the over the wall floating type skimmer) and the hose goes over to attach to a piece that's screwed on to the intake hole on the side of the pool...it's a hose adapter type of piece. I also have a little strainer thing that I can screw on there if I wasn't using the skimmer.

I remove that completely because as many will tell you, pretty much nothing intex fits anything non-intex. The hose from wal-mart (or anywhere else for that matter) will not fit on the adapter piece that screws to the side for the skimmer hose.

Solution for me is... take the adapter piece off so I just have a hole in the side of the pool. No hose adapter, no strainer thing.. just a hole that goes right through to the plunger valve thing. I just stick the hose in the hole. It sorta sucks on and it works perfectly.

Start to finish it's....throw the hose in the pool, attach vacuum head to pole, attach 1 end of hose to vacuum head and let it go down to sit on the bottom of the pool, dunk the hose under the water from the vacuum end to the free end to make sure there is no air in it (this takes a few minutes but sucking air in isn't a good thing to do!), finally I hold the hose under the water pull it over to the intake hole and stick it in!

It doesn't seem to cause any issues with my pump or anything... but I know we have 2 different setups so maybe someone else with an ultra frame can chime in if this sounds like a bad idea for your setup?

The only other thing I'd say is depending on your filter cartridge it may, or may not catch everything. I know I've read that the intex brand ones that come with the pumps aren't that great and I've seen others recommended. I don't know if that applies to all the intex brand cartridges or not...

*edit*
I just noticed that the vacuum head that TCJ4 posted (1st reply here) is the exact one that I got from Lowe's..

gussy78 said:
Beens said:

Good thinking! This is what I'm going to do. If I'm thinking correctly? You bypass all fittings and stick the hoses together?
Thanks because Im on the cheap too for the rest of this season.

Exactly what I do, and it works great!

I guess that I can chime in on the Ultraframe side of things. I too have the Intex Deluxe Over the wall pool skimmer and I've screwed on the adapter over the strainer so that the skimmer hose can be attached. Unfortunately, the strainer itself doesn't screw off, it's one piece that use a gasket on the inside of the pool, put the stem through the hole to the outside of the pool and screw on the locking nut, and then the shutoff valves.

What I think that you can do though is this. My kit came with a hose adapter that you could attach to the pump, and then attach your vacuum hose to it, provided that your pump is close enough to the pool to reach the pool. You can find the fitting here, and might be able to find one on ebay or Intex if your kit didn't come with one.

http://www.intexcorp.com/index.php/...s/16-488cm-ultra-frame-round-pools/10849.html

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
don't know anything about AGP specific vacuums but since my fiberglass, mostly covered pool only needs the occasional bit of schmutz cleaned up and I hated dragging the entire hose and cleaning plate out to do small jobs. I just recently bought one of these and have been very pleased so far. You attach it to your pole, turn it on and go to town! The little mom & pop pool store that I found it in tossed in some extra fine liner socks if I ever needed some (not yet! yay!). They did advise me to not over charge the rechargeable battery. This little beast is plenty powerful enough for what I need. I can also use it without the pole for my hot tub. GIve it a look-

http://www.amazon.com/Water-Tech-Po...d=1376847733&sr=8-1&keywords=pool+blaster+max

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.