Second year Intex pool, algae and low chlorine level

We installed an AGP July 2012. The first few months were great until algae set in and we could never get ahead of it. I tried the local pool store and they guided me on how to fix and we still ended up with algae and low chlorine level. We closed the pool early last year :(. This year was going to be different, but in the end we are now in Aug in Dallas, TX and I would like to take control of my pool. I did a bunch of Internet searching and ended up finding TFP. I read pool school 4 times and I am a convert. Just received my TF-100 kit yesterday, woohoo, I am on my way to a crystal clear pool.

Now for the questions:
My test results yesterday evening... Algae visible in bottom of pool and the little bugs that swim backwards act like they own the pool.
CL 2. pH 8.0
FC 2
CC 0.5
TC 2.5
TA 140
CYA 20

I want my pool sparkly and clear, please help provide target numbers for me to start making changes. I have been using bleach and muriatic acid. I also borax at the ready. Where do I start?

Thank you in advance for guidance.

I am on my way to a crystal clear pool.
a VERY common mistake that newbies make is to simply bring the chemistry up to the levels suggested and then scratch their heads as their pool remains unchanged.

You will need to SLAM the pool to get your pool clear.

Read "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School

Then, read "SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain" in the How To section of Pool School.

Follow that process precisely to get your pool cleared up.

Thank you for the direction. I will start the SLAM process this AM.

Quick question:
I tried to lower my pH a few times before by adding muriatic acid. I used the pool calculator and the pH level never dropped. That was the only chemical I added. Any ideas on why it would not lower?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.