Want to get my pond clear again!

May 4, 2008
Well, the zoning commission turned us down for our AGP, so I went and bought a small AGP for my 2 year old grandson ( I don't care what they say). Anyways, my question is not about his pool but is about my pond. I was going to remove it, but I am going to keep it now. I need help with getting the water clear, it is very, very green. Oh, by the way, I bought a hot tub also. I purchased the TF-100 test kit and I'm waiting for it to arrive. But I was wondering if I could put a lot of bleach in the pond to get started with. My pond is 10' round, about 2' deep ( which I dug out by myself ). It is there just for the pleasure of seeing the water and the fountain and then at night, the lights. No fish or plants in it. Kinda like a small pool.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Will be waiting for any and all replies. Thanks again, D

Copper sulfate is probably the easiest way to keep the pond clear of algae if you are not planning on planting it or putting in fish. (There are several copper based algaecides available for ponds.)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.