"Air Temperature Sensor Open" message on Aqualink RS panel

SamD

Dec 26, 2012
Double Oak, Texas
On my Aqualink RS control panel it says "Air Temperature Open". Since there aren't any other issues with the system, I thought I might have a bad temp sensor, so I broke out the meter and it tested good at 7.47 Ohms. I have also switched positions of the Air and water temp sensor and the error remained with the air temp sensor when I did this and the water temp changed to reflect the correct air temp. I'm starting to think the problem is with the control board, but I thought I would get some other input. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks!

Sam

Re: "Air Temperature Sensor Open" message on Aqualink RS pan

I did disconnect and reconnect the leads and I didn't see any corrosion, but I didn't actually clean them. I will head out there and do that now and post an update.

Thanks for such a quick response!

Sam

Well, I had removed the green terminal bar earlier when I tested the sensors resistance with the meter and I was pretty sure everything was good and clean. I just removed it again to re-check and it was completely clean, so I bent the leads coming from the 7&8 position on the circuit board very slightly to ensure good connection with the terminal bar. I then reconnected the terminal bar and now the air temp sensor reads correctly. I'm very surprised this worked, because the tolerance between the male pins on the circuit board and the female sockets on the terminal bar are very tight, but there was obviously a connection problem here.

Thanks for the help in resolving this so quickly!

Sam

Looks like I spoke too soon. I am back to Air temp open again. I'm going to try and make sure there is a solid connection again, but if that doesn't give me a permanent fix, I'm not sure what the next thing to try is.

Sam

ps0303, I tested the temp sensor with a meter and it tests good, and I have also swapped the air and water sensors and the problem stays with the connection at the circuit board, so this leads me to believe the sensor is working.

Bama, I will check the solder joints at the pins and get back to you.

Sam

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

ps0303, I tested the temp sensor with a meter and it tests good, and I have also swapped the air and water sensors and the problem stays with the connection at the circuit board, so this leads me to believe the sensor is working.

Sam

Did you ever get this figured out? My air and water sensor are saying opened .

Sam

Sam I'm having same issue can you give me an update on what you did to fix?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I ordered a refurbished rs4 board with the JJ chip in it...installed myself and everything is working so something had gone wrong with my original board.

Does anyone buy old boards with bezel included for repair?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.