Aqua Logic Main Control Board Tripping Breaker

VBX

Aug 14, 2013
Hi, I have an Aqua Logic Chlorine Control System (not sure of the model #) and it tripped the main 120V breaker the other day.

1. Verified the two fuses on the main board are ok (20A, and 3A).
2. I disconnected the two main 120V input wires to the main control board (black and white), turned on the breaker and it did not trip.
3.I plugged the wires back in and the breaker tripped again.
4. I measured the resistence across the 120VAC input terminals on the main board. It was ~35 Ohms.
5. I measured the resistence across RZ1. It was also ~35 Ohms.
6. Removed RZ1 from the board (de-soldered) and measured the resistence across the 120VAC terminals on the main board. Resistence was ~ 35 Ohms.

I don't know what the values should be in the above measurements, but 35 Ohms between 120VAC input terminals doesn't seem right.
Here is a link to a picture of the board (sorry, I don't know how to attach the image): http://www.amazon.com/Hayward-GLX-PCB-M ... B0030E95PO

Does anyone have any information or ideas?

Thank you.

Ok. I sent the board out to be repaired. I installed it, and the same thing happened. The 15A breaker tripped immediately. I unplug the black wire (120VAC) to the board and the breaker stays on.

Please help....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.