AGP Liner life span in desert sun

Jun 17, 2013
Does any one have an idea of how long an above ground pool liner will last in the desert sun, we live in Las Vegas. We are looking at getting an above ground pool for next year, but are not sure how the liner will do in the desert sun and heat. Thanks for you help.

I am in southeastern AZ at 4500 feet so a little less harsh environment than you, but my liner on a lower end Sears pool lasted fine 8 to 10 years. Started to see some sun damage at the waterline and the west side of the overhang on the outside - got brown, hard and crunchy. patched when it started leaking and got a few more years out of it. somebody could probably make a little money by inventing a way to repair/replace/protect that top 10 inches to a foot of liner so you don't have to drain and replace the whole thing. But even then it is only a few hundred if the rest of the structure is OK. In my case water is a big issue so I don't like dumping it for any frivolous reasons.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.