Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-40
I shocked last week and all is well (I believe). I just checked my FC and it was 3.5 with cc of 1. Then I pulled a sample about 10' from first one and got FC 5.5, CV <.5 (about 2 minutes later). Both about 15"deep. Pool is running on low speed, but getting good rotation. Are such extreme results normal? CYA 40.

tcat said:
I shocked last week and all is well (I believe). I just checked my FC and it was 3.5 with cc of 1. Then I pulled a sample about 10' from first one and got FC 5.5, CV <.5 (about 2 minutes later). Both about 15"deep. Pool is running on low speed, but getting good rotation. Are such extreme results normal? CYA 40.

All is NOT well and you should never get results like that.

Turn your pump to high for 30 minutes and repeat those test....samples from anywhere...it won't matter.

Be very sure you are taking the FC test and the CC test to their correct conclusion......the last drop shows ABSOLUTELY no further color change and then you subtract that last drop......for both tests.

OK, got 6 with cc less than. 5. I stop when liquid goes clear, why would you add another drop just to subtract it? Can't get any clearer than clear. I knew I couldn't have 3.5 since my auto feed added 32 ounces in 12 hours, usually a bit more than needed to hold at 5 or 6, and it's fed at the pump, so should be mixed well coming out of all 4 jets.

tcat said:
OK, got 6 with cc less than. 5. I stop when liquid goes clear, why would you add another drop just to subtract it? Can't get any clearer than clear. I knew I couldn't have 3.5 since my auto feed added 32 ounces in 12 hours, usually a bit more than needed to hold at 5 or 6, and it's fed at the pump, so should be mixed well coming out of all 4 jets.

The extra drop is to make sure that clear is really clear. I have seen samples look clear looking through the vial from the side but look slightly pink when viewed from above.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.