Question about TA test with TF100

Jul 30, 2013
I tried testing my TA with the TF100 test kit today and had some questions.
After adding the R-0007 and R-0008 the sample was green. Started adding drops of R-0009. There was not much color change (although some wavering between green and grey). On drop 10, the sample turned clear. I added one more drop to see if there any further color change. On the 11th drop it turned pink and stayed pink for 6 more drops. I stopped at that point as I was not sure of the results.
Is my TA 100 (turned clear after 10th drop), or is it really high and I need to keep going after it turns pink?
The instructions seem to indicate that once I get a color change to red, yellow pink or clear (which I did get to clear), but then says to add one more drop to confirm no further color change. Since the 11th drop did cause another color change, I am not certain of the results.
Thanks.

Once the color starts changing, continue adding drops until the final drop doesn't change the color further. The final drop, which didn't change to color further doesn't count. If I follow your description correctly, the tenth turned clear, trying an 11th turned it pink, and subsequent drops did not change the color further. That means that you used 11 drops and your result is 110.

You add until the color changes from green to pink (normally) and an additional drop does not change the color any more and do not count that last drop.

So sounds like it took 11 drops to turn it pink and the 12th did nothing ... so that would be a TA of 110ppm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.