Rust starting on intex ultra

I am planning to buy another Intex pool for 2014. We previously had two inflatable ring pools, used chlorine. Now considering the Ultra Frame pool. Interested in SWG, but concerned about rust. We live in Michigan, very familiar with *salt* and *metal*. Would painting all the metal frame parts with a couple coats of Rustoleum and/or sealer BEFORE setting up the pool help at all?

first year with Intex + SWG and haven't noticed any rust yet, but I will let you know when I do tear down if I see anything of concern. I suppose the more you slide the frame together/disassembly the more prone to removing paint which could equal rust but I haven't seen anything yet.

I dont think thats a bad idea. Ive had mine for a couple months and starting to see signs of rust. Mostly on the ladder.
But I be very happy if we get two years out of ours...lol
We hard on thi gs and live with the brutal florida sun ;)

I am on my 2nd year with an ultra frame, started seeing some light surface rust on the welds on the T's, this year i got the dremmel out and wire brushed it and sprayed with rustoleum, it's still holding up. I also left mine up last winter, not sure if that makes a big difference. If i had to do it all again, i would spray all the pieces that fit inside each other before putting it up

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.