The new pump is in

unkyjoe

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 24, 2013
Seguin TX
I received my new 3/4 hp pump in the other day and got it all connected yesterday, other than a minor leak around two of the threaded fittings "I did not wrap enough teflon tape around the threads" it is working fine.

[attachment=2:303289jp]pump1.jpg[/attachment:303289jp]

The filter is a 16" Hayward that sat out in the South Texas sun for 5-6 years without being used, the pump was shot but the filter and valve are all working well.

[attachment=1:303289jp]pump-base.jpg[/attachment:303289jp]

I am using the Intex skimmer for now until next season when I replace it with an in the wall skimmer, it is working great so far and man can this pump push out some water. I am also using the stock Intex hoses, if you push back the coupler you will find the gray area fits perfectly around the 1 1/2 inch hose barbs on the filter and pump.
[attachment=0:303289jp]intex-1.jpg[/attachment:303289jp]

Attachments

• pump1.jpg
    pump1.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 66
  • pump-base.jpg
    pump-base.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 66
  • intex-1.jpg
    intex-1.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 66
Linen, no leaks.. at least on those hoses, I do however have a couple of leaks at the threaded connectors, as I failed to follow the install instructions and double wrap the teflon tape, I only wrapped it once. I will fix that today.

I came across a manual a week or so ago that showed what size screws to use to mount the pump to the base but for the life of me cant find it today. Would you or anyone else happen to know what size they are?

Thanks and thanks to all for the help :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.