HELP!! pool return/sprayer actuator not working

partypond

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 5, 2008
Frisco, Texas
As my pumps started up this morning I noticed the spa overflow downpour was really heavy. It looked nice but not normal so I went investigating. As far as I can tell, the automated actuator that stops the flow of water from the spa returns to the pool returns is not working. My daughter used the spa last night so everything is stuck open in spa mode. Right now I have the pump and cleaner on so there is alittle bit of water circulation but I see lots of green in my future if I don't get this fixed ASAP. :hammer:

So my question is... how hard is it to take off the actuator and can I just unscrew the thing and try to rotate the valve so I at least have the pool working right until I can get it replaced? Any words of advice would be greatly appreciated. The toggle switch is doing nothing.

The pool is only 2 1/2 yrs old. Is it typical for these things to only last that long (Jandy) or could it be under warranty? I am downloading pics and will post in a minute...

9508684991_d3aaab3280_z.jpg

9508682849_ecd131ea78_z.jpg

There should be a little switch on the bottom or back of the actuator. It has 3 positions. The middle position is neutral (actuator doesn't move). Make sure it's in the correct position. If the actuator won't move no matter where the switch is, then it's probably bad.

First try flipping to the switch on the actuator temporarily to see if it moves. If it does not, then there is either no power reaching the actuator or the actuator has gone bad. You should check to make sure the wiring is all intact.

The toggle switch did nothing so I am almost sure the motor is bad. I took the actuator off and got the value open the right way so now I have full circulation. Looks like I can get one on Amazon for less than $90 and the parts warranty was only for a year so no luck there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.