Anyone installed a solar cover reel directly on Pool Seat???

brmommy

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 21, 2013
Southeast Ohio
I've been considering installing a solar cover reel and do not like the idea of two posts next to the pool. I'm looking at the Whirlwind reel that is designed to attach to the top seat of an above ground pool. I hate the idea of putting holes in the seat but would rather have that then two posts. I just wondered if anyone on here has actually installed one on their pool seat and if that caused any problems.
Thanks!

Re: Anyone installed a solar cover reel directly on Pool Sea

I had one attached to the top rail and moved it onto posts just outside the pool wall. I like it on the posts better. There was really nothing wrong with them being on the top rail except that the rail flexes more than you think it does (at least on ours), and caused a bit of an alignment problem when reinstalling it after taking it off.

Re: Anyone installed a solar cover reel directly on Pool Sea

I cut mine in half and then made 4 holes to tie it back together in the center, I also secured it in 4 spots on the rail.

The wind can blow through it but it rests back in place :)

Tying it together can be time consuming, but overall is worth it. Handling is MUCH easier in halves. Plus when it's all 1 piece (unsecured), the wind can blow it out of the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.