New Pool - Complete Test Results

Sep 8, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Hello folks,

This is my first complete test of our new pool water (using Taylor Kit). The results are close to the pool calculator suggestions.

pH - 7.4
TA - 110
CH - 210
CYA - 40

Free Chlorine - 4.4
Total Chlorine - 0.6

Saline level - 3,400 (25% on readout)

I've left my pump running 24/7 to this point. However, I'm a little leery of my hydro usage/bills. Ideally, I would like to reduce the pump run time a little during the day - only running it at night during our cheap time (we have "smart" meters here). However, I've read that the sun in our bright/full sun backyard burns away my chlorine. Is it a mistake to start tinkering with the pump run time at this point?

Any thoughts on my test results would be appreciated big time. I will work on posting some pictures of our pool next!

Cheers and thanks in advance.
Kevin

You can certainly reduce your pump run time dramatically, most likely in to the 4 to 6 hour a day range. Note that when you do reduce pump run time you will need to turn up the SWG percentage proportionally. That is, if pump run time is cut in half then the percentage needs to double.

Also, the recommended CYA level with a SWG is between 70 and 80. As CYA comes up you will be able to turn down the percentage setting on your SWG.

Thank you, I should add a little more stabilizer to get my CYA up; otherwise, I'm looking good?

I wish I added a timer system when the electrician was here to install the equipment. Is there a brand or recommended pump mgmt system that you would suggest I investigate?

Cheers,
Kevin

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.