Scuba 2

bof

May 17, 2013
Cyprus
Hi

I have just ordered a scuba 2 from lovibond and it will be brought over here by friends on the 21st. :party: The price was £99 + vat. The sales lady was very nice and let me off the delivery charge and I got extra test tablets. Their is no minimum order. I have read some articles on this site about the shortcomings of the scuba but it is a lot better than my present test kit and for anyone on a budget (me) it is adequate and as I have great difficulty in getting a test kit for less than £300 . I will let you know how I get on. :wave: :-D

Well, I suppose when you use it that will determine if "it is adequate" ... of course you have nothing to compare to to see if the results are good.

What are the limitations on the FC and CC readings? The FAS-DPD is the critical test in the kits we recommend and generally the test that makes the kits expensive, but it will test up to 50ppm if needed ... unlike most all other tests that are limited to 5ppm or 10ppm.

Hope to hear it works out for you.

I think chem geek reviewed that palintest kit some months ago and found it to be pretty much the equivalent of what we suggest. Sure hope so since there are virtually no other options in Europe.

Hi

Just got my lovibond scuba 2 today did some tests. Knowledge is power

fc 5.5
tc 5.5
ph 8.3
ta 200
cya 135

I am not sure if their should be a difference in the chlorine results will read up on this.
I have a friend (yes I have) coming around later with his expensive test kit to compare results. Ill let you know what we find.:stirpot: :shaking2:

Yes I agree with you jblizzle I just put the results down because I could. I compared my results with a lovibond md 100 which is more accurate :?: :!: :shock: the readings on my gizmo

fc 5.5 and his gizmo 6.12
tc 5.5 6.01
ph 8.3 8.13
ta 200
cya 135

We did not compare the rest until I get the pool sorted but the results show that my kit is working in the right area. I am reluctantly going to change all my water. The reason for the hesitancy is the cost about $400 + and I am a tight git :goodjob:

Hi, any scuba II users still using this test kit?

I live in Malaysia, and am not able to get hold of the Taylor / TF series. I ended up purchasing Scuba II.

I dont know if I am using it properly, but when I test for FC, it shows 1.5 .. and then i added the DPD3 test tablet into the solution and tested it shows LOW.(Total Chlorine) .. am I doing somthing wrong or is my pool having too much of CC ?

Please advise.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.