3 out of 4 jets are working

Jul 7, 2013
Beaufort, SC
I am new so not sure where to post this. But here is my problem, First I am adding circulators to my return jets. They are supposed to turbo the stream and force water with the chlorine to the walls and bottom of the pool. Video shows how much better it mixes. problem is getting the right fit with the return. It seems to keep the units in, I am having to glue the fittings under water to the pipe where the return eyeball is normally screwed to. Hope this make sense. Hope the glue holds I used "rain or shine". If this doesn't work, any ideas.

Anyway, has anyone had any experience with the Circulator? That is a side point.

My question is that is the process, I discovered that one of my returns was not returning any water at all. I never noticed this before either that it was or was not. I had the pool built so it must have been working at some point. The main line return

There are no unused pipes at the equipment area that suggests it would be for a future cleaner. I had the pool installed when I built the house so would know if it was for future. IF a tree root had broken that return or some pressure from above ground broke the pipe, My pool should be loosing water. It isn't. The main return line either sends the water to the return jets or the waterfall and only these enter the ground separately-one for the jets and one for the waterfall. So from above ground, no way to see the individual return jets, Any ideas? I can maybe run a toilet snake in it--I have one that is 25 feet. Maybe it has something clogging it. Should I leave it alone and just use three.

I have three returns and a 1 1/2 HP motor. I have a spa that uses the same motor with Jandy valves and a waterfall. I could dirvert some of the water pressure to the waterfall or spa if three jets casues two much pressure. Anyone have any ideas

My pool is gunnite, Kidney shaped, 20 x (15/12) x 4 feet avg depth --8-10,000 gallons. It was a chloride feed pool, sand filter now swg.

Mark

Can you control the returns individually? I assume not.

Is the return that is not working furthest from the pump?

It seems to keep the units in, I am having to glue the fittings under water to the pipe where the return eyeball is normally screwed to.
What kind of glue are you using? Frankly, gluing a connection that is threaded sounds like a very bad idea.

I used rain or shine but that was only to hold the fitting that slides into the pvc pipe return that if flush with the wall. I did not glue the threaded part the holds the unit in. If I need to remove it, it just unsrew and screw backin the eyeball. The return that has no water returning is closest to the pump.

The return that has no water returning is closest to the pump.
So, it's not a lack of pressure....it would often be the strongest flow if it is the closest.

If you really want to diagnose it, block off one or more of the other returns. If that suspect return is plugged (very unusual), you will still get no flow and, importantly, a noticeable rise in your psi.

Re: 3 out of 4 jets are working for awp17

I am working with Wes --the guy that makes the circulator---he would like to talk or email to you about your experiences. Seems he explained to me why one of mine quit working and can explain to you. I do not have enough experience to judge yet but service from the supplier is excellent.

regards,

Thanks for the commentg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.