Pool/Spa/Spillover Help

Jul 11, 2013
Puerto Rico
Hi!

I'm installing a Hayward Aqua Plus system which will be able to control Pool/Spa/Spillover valves.

The attached image is my current Valve setup coming in from the Pool and Spa and back out to them.

My question is, given the setup, where should I place the 2 & 3 way valves to be controlled from the box?

Thanks in advance for the help!

JV

Attachments

• Valve Setup.jpg
    Valve Setup.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 89
Check out page 8 of the manual:

http://www.hayward-pool.com/pdf/manuals ... Manual.pdf

The two actuators go on the 3-way valves for the spa and pool.

Here is another similar diagram:

jandy_plumbing_diagram_pg2.jpg

It sets the amount of overflow from the spa while in "pool mode".

There are other ways of plumbing it, but that would allow you to easily set how much water overflows (or shut it off).
You automation system has a spill-over mode, but that just means that all suction comes from the pool and returns to the spa to "clean" the spa. But if you always want a little spill-over then you either have to set the actuator stops to leave the spa return open a bit or put that loop in. With the former, if the spa is above the pool, the spa will always drain down to pool level with the pump off unless you added a check valve in the spa return.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.