Pics of Tracks for Pool Cover (above coping not embedded)

May 9, 2013
North East Ohio
So long story, but we did not have the budget for a "hidden" auto cover and my wife was quite happen with the fence. Now that the pool is done, she is refusing to get a fence (almost caused us to get divorced).

Now she got her parents to give her a loan to get a cover...but of course we can't do the hidden cover as the pool/coping/concrete deck is done.

The only option is the above grade cover...and I really hate how they look.

HOWEVER, knowing this forum, I know there has to be systems that look better than others. I've tried searching, but it was taking forever, so hoping that someone can show me a few options, etc.

Thanks gang!

Re: Pics of Tracks for Pool Cover (above coping not embedded

Not sure what you want to see but here are two shots of mine showing the tracks. I'll try to get you a pic of the cover closed later-

[attachment=1:3aa6jvop]P7050021 copy.JPG[/attachment:3aa6jvop]

[attachment=0:3aa6jvop]P7050024 copy.JPG[/attachment:3aa6jvop]

Yes sorry...guess I left a few things out...

Issue is, all the ones we have seen...make sitting on the edge of the pool uncomfortable...i.e. the metal is right at your butt.

I was hoping there is some kind of smooth, or low profile, etc...design that makes it a bit more comfortable and a bit more pleasing to the eye.

your pool is fantastic, but I think my wife will hate the lip on the sides...so this post was to see what options are out there and see if my wife will be happy with one of them. Our pool builder gave us one option, that was 3 times bigger than what you just posted. :)

toofast, Coverstar and Aquamatic both make a top track system that the track is about 1/2" tall approximately 2" wide and the top is radiussed. I know other companies have a similar track I haven't ever built using their systems so I can't describe the track shape to you. The only other option is a cover system pool-in-pool where the track is encapsulated in a second deck sitting on top of your existing deck.

thanks swimcmp...I went to both sites and could not really see the details of their track...perhaps I can call them and order a sample.

Also, does the track normally go OUTSIDE of the coping...I realize my stamped concrete is not in this pic, but it is what I had handy. Or does the track normally go on the concrete ? If so, could I install the track 18" or so from the edge, thus giving us enough "sitting" room.

[attachment=0:vv9628z7]Coping 1.jpg[/attachment:vv9628z7]

Attachments

• Coping 1.jpg
    Coping 1.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 149

Coverstar has an iPad app that is a good source of pictures that are easy to find according to design criteria. The cheapest is to slap the cover on top of the deck, tracks and drive mechanism, runs off an extension cord. Bench over the mechanism adds more, recessing the mechanism into the deck, electric, on and on. All brands have nearly identical tracks for the top of the deck. They are different in the way they support the "leading edge bar" that pulls the front of the cover across the pool, some use wheels outside the tracks or on the tracks or use a plastic glide on/in the track.
If you ever find yourself in a place that will allow the use of a auto cover instead of the fence, get the cover, the aluminum and vinyl fences can be 10k themselves.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.