Wet Edge French Gray

tx9519

Jul 21, 2013
Hello everyone! Katy, TX here. Wife and I are embarking into pool building journey. We might have finally found a builder that sounded honest with pricing, wasn't too pushy nor totally rude and seemed to have gone to customer service school.

Our quote included Wet Edge Pebble but we are still debating whether their Altima plaster (How different is it really from colored plaster?) wouldn't be a good enough option.
Anyone had French Gray installed and would be kind to share feedback and impression? Isn't it too dark for not turning spotty too quick?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome!

Wet Edge pebble or any other top name aggregate finish is very different than, and far superior to any plain plaster. Pebble finishes are loaded with tiny pebbles that make them more durable and long lasting. Plain plaster is just that, and will have to be replaced in 10-15 years, maybe less. If installed correctly and treated with a modicum of care, you may never have to replace a good pebble finish. Dark finishes have the tendency to show more uneven colors, but it is much more true in plain plaster versus pebble finishes. That you mention would be a great choice, but Wet Edge has so, so many to choose from. Just be aware that many have a much pricier tag. It seems especially true with the darker blue colors is what I am finding out. I want Wet Edge when I build, but no one around here is certified to use it. Good luck, and let us know what you choose.

Sounds like my builder! Glad you found someone you like.
I really like the pebble finishes, but it's personal preference. I'm sure your builder would let you go and look at a few pools with different finish options to get a better feel of it. This is what we did. If he hasn't built any of that particular color he can probably get the wet edge installer to tell you which pools do have it so you can go and have a look at it in person.
Sorry I can't help you further. Good luck!

(We're getting Wet Edge Pearl Matrix - either in New Zealand Blend Tropical or Chilean Beach Caribbean)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.