1st test kit results - how often to dose /w bleach?

G

Hi,

Got my test kit recently and the pool seems to be running pretty well and is clear. Here are my 1st measurements:

FC- 6ppm
CC- 0
TA- 170 ppm
CYA - 60 ppm
pH - 7.8

So based on the CYA/FC chart my target is about 6.8ppm, so I could top off the pool with some bleach. And I think I could let NY's acid rain take care of the pH over time. But how often should I expect to have to add bleach assuming normal summer east coast summer weather and very light bathing load (only go in maybe twice a week in the pool)?

Thanks

pleasantpool said:
Hi,

Got my test kit recently and the pool seems to be running pretty well and is clear. Here are my 1st measurements:

FC- 6ppm
CC- 0
TA- 170 ppm
CYA - 60 ppm
pH - 7.8

So based on the CYA/FC chart my target is about 6.8ppm, so I could top off the pool with some bleach. And I think I could let NY's acid rain take care of the pH over time. But how often should I expect to have to add bleach assuming normal summer east coast summer weather and very light bathing load (only go in maybe twice a week in the pool)?

Thanks

My CYA level is similar to yours but my pool is a little smaller. I loose 3 - 4 ppm due to the sun. Check your level in the morning and evening and see how much you lose. It should be fairly constant assuming you are not also fighting algae.

You'll probably have to dose chlorine everyday so you don't fall below min. FC. You'll get to know your FC consumption the more you test. Add your chlorine in the evening when the sun is no longer on the pool then you'll be good for the next day

That's how I do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.