Ultra Frame Intex Question

itodd

Jul 15, 2013
Gastonia, NC
I've installed my pool and things have been great. Last week I noticed I was losing water. After inspection, I realized the pavers I put down under each foot are "poking" through (basically I can see the square shape of the paver from inside the pool). Not all have done this. However I'm pretty sure this is where the leaks are coming from. I've manager to pull two of the pavers out and reset them. I just need to the same with the rest of them. It is just messy muddy work. I will be taking the pool down in Sept (probably) for the year until spring.

In order to avoid this issue next year (live and learn), would having a 15' x 15' concrete square pad poured be a good base? Concrete doesn't self level either does it?

A concrete pad would work, but isn't necessary and is way overkill. If your leaks are around the pavers you probably should be able to see a little hole where the sharp edges were...can you? How much water are you losing?

You can use wood instead of pavers and round the edges of the wood. The use of pavers under Intex poles is a little over kill. I use small pieces of wood from the picket of a stockade fence. The pieces are about six inches by 3 inches and 1/4 inch thick. I don't really even need anything under my pool legs. It could be because I live in the Northeast and we don't have clay to deal with.

unkyjoe said:
Sink those pavers to be level with the ground "not above the ground" and that should solve your problem.

Of course this means a drain and refill I am sorry to say :rant:

Not necessarily, on the round intex pools, you can jack up each leg and fix the paver so it is level with the ground, search for 'jacking an intex pool'

I'm losing around an inch of water a day. I will check about jacking the legs up. I did find some small holes and patched them. Still losing water though so evidently I missed some. Got in the pool today and found a few more in the same area and patched those.

Thanks for the help. It makes a huge difference.

As I filled my pool...I kept adjusting the pavers out as needed. Had to work quick because once you notice they needex moved out...the weight from water waz an issue. (Also tried to have them level with ground as stated above)

...now...after pool has been up for few months...the pool had shifted about 1/2.... so since I just drained and refilled (long story....wife wasnt stayong on top of SWS...lol) but noticed and moved pavers.

Make sure your ground is level and then dig down for the pavers so they are also level. Severe shifting is a problem that I had when the ground was not level, even thought I leveled the pavers. As the pool filled, everything shifted several inches. I still have one or two pavers that shifted a little and I stuck Styrofoam around the corners to keep them from poking into the bottom of the pool. As someone else mentioned, as the pool is filling, it is critical that you repeatedly walk around, pull the legs out, and make adjustments to the pavers. Good luck:)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.