Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best places to buy bleach

1. Back To Top    #1

Best places to buy bleach

As I am slowly converting to the BBB method, I was out the other night getting some bleach. I was curious to see where all of you are getting the best deals on bleach out there. Because I was in a rush to get some bleach in my pool, I ran to the closest store, Target, and found the 1.42 gal bottles of Clorox (6%) for $2.99. I know that can't be the cheapest price out there!

Would love to hear what you all are using!

2. Back To Top    #2

I just bought the 172oz 6% bleach from Wal-Mart for $1.95
    15,500 gal, inground gunite pool with 7 ft spa, 2 speed pump 2hp/.33hp, 3/4 hp booster pump, Intermatic P1353 timer, AutoPilot SC-48, Sand filter with ZeoBest, Heater, that I never use . . .

3. Back To Top    #3
    K-Mart, of all places, generally has the best price here. Their 3 quart jugs of 6% are routinely marked down to $0.99 and are 1.39 when not on sale. Wal-Mart is usually somewhat higher and since I can't stand going in there (because of the crowds, not because of some anti Wal-Mart philosophy) I usually go to the big K for bleach.

4. Back To Top    #4

Aldi's sells bleach for .99 a 3 quart container.
    steve

Above Ground / 18' Round / Vinyl Liner / Sand Filter / 100K Gas Heater / Salt Added / No Nature2

5. Back To Top    #5

I normally go to Pathmark or Stop & Shop, they have sales from time to time where 1 gallon of 5.25% is $1.00
    20x40 IG vinyl, heatpump and solar and 3 siberian huskies, 10kw PV solar electric system. Nikon Photographer D800e dSLR.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Also watch the sales ads. Just make sure you get 5.25% or above when you buying jugs of bleach. Another good place to check is at all your local pool stores and water treatment stores as well. A water treatment store near my house sells it's >12% solution in a five gallon black carboy for $10.10 after tax.

happy hunting!
    dan
    21' Aqua-Leader AGP (10,200 gallons).
    Hayward cartridge filter and two speed pump.
    Aqua-Cal HeatWave 100k (HeatPump)
    Salt 3200ppm (in non-salt water pool)
    Borates 20ppm (slowly raising)
    Aqua-Rite SWG

7. Back To Top    #7

I have been getting mine from a pool store . I found they had 10% liquid chlorine that is testing at 12% for around $12 for 4 gallons. After doing the math it is cheeper in the long run to buy it here.
    Check your local pool stores you might get a good deal there as well but dont let them talk you in to any thing else.
    Steve
    Echo Canyon II by Artesian Pools, 13.5 KGal AG Round, 22" Artesian Sand Filter 2 hp Artesian pump
    Med Lab Tech for 12 years in E.TN
    Chem testing by Trouble Free Test Kits

8. Back To Top    #8

I've also found that buying it at the pool store in 4 gallon "carbuoys" is the cheapest.
    Buggs

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Aldi's 6% for 99cents here...

the Safeway store brand was just on sale for 2/$4 146 oz, there were only 2 jugs left, so the BBB method is popular here in Homer Glen?!

Wal-Mart has the big jugs for $2.28. $1.95 is cheap by comparison down there in TX!

What are you paying for GAS? We are $3.66 gal....
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

10. Back To Top    #10
    Gas - yesterday was @ $2.84/ gallon ($0.10 for using My Citgo card).
    MIKE

21K Inground Custom w/ Spa (Gunite/Plaster), SWCG, Hayward Northstar, Polaris 280, Hayward Color Logics, Jandy PS-8

11. Back To Top    #11

I get mine from Leslie's as it works out to be cheaper to get the 12% bottles here on long Island NY
    26000 Gallon Vinyl in ground pool
    1.5 HP Pump
    Sand Filter (with a bit of DE)
    Goldline Aqua Rite SWCG

But I like driving to the lake!

12. Back To Top    #12

Stay away from the "home best" or "shoppers value" at Shop N Save, it is only 3%. Walmart seems to have the best non-sale price 1.28 for 3/4 gallon 6% and 2.28 for 1.75 gallon 6%
    Larry,
    20,700 gal gunite/plaster ig pool w/ SWCG and DE filter near DFW TX

13. Back To Top    #13

walmart

I am up in Canada, so products are likely different, however, I find that the walmart no name bleach is the best buy, it's 5.75% and a gallon is $1.39, however, buyer beware, they also sell a 1.25 gallon jug at much more than a 25% price jump of the same stuff.

14. Back To Top    #14
    TFP Guide

In the Industry

I to am in Canada, although I have a SWG, I keep four jugs (4Litre) of 10.8% Shock, its 3.99 a jug and the best I like, it has a sealed top, no way the bleach can break down over time.
    Am I getting ripped?

Rik

15. Back To Top    #15

Just wanted to mention to anyone in Arizona. The B&L Pool & Supply stores are running a special buy 3 gallons of Hasa 12.5% bleach and get the 4th free. These are the returnable bottles in a plastic tub/carrier. It's $3.33 per gallon normally.

There are a ton of B&L's all over Arizona.
    Buggs

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

16. Back To Top    #16

gas is down to 3.19 gal today in brentwood [s.f.bay area suburb]
    dont know the price of bleach.
    will be shopping tomorrow
    17'x35' ovel 28,000gal.inground
    vinyl liner 150sq,ft, cartidge

17. Back To Top    #17
    Sent hubby to the store to buy two "large" jugs of bleach, and he came home with the small bottles. I think I won't say anything because then I would really be a nag....

Gas is still about $3.60. It's only $3.45 over the county line (12 miles East) and that county has a gas tax....I just know we are getting gouged over here....
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

18. Back To Top    #18
    Save-A-Lot grocery store has .75 gal of 6% for $1.18. Last year it was $.99.

19. Back To Top    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangeball
    Save-A-Lot grocery store has .75 gal of 6% for $1.18. Last year it was $.99.
    Yes my Save-A-Lot also went to 3/4 jugs @ $1.18 from $.99 last year funny story when I opened this year I went to Save-A-Lot and pulled out 12 bottles and checked out the girl at the register said she had just tried the bleach and she said it worked real well I said it will work just fine these are going in my pool and she just looked at me like what the heck are you doing that for I just had to chuckle to myself.
    18x33 15700 Gal Oval Above Ground
    Ranger Sand Filter w/Praher Multi Port Valve
    A.O. Smith 1.5 hp Pump
    Confer E9120 Steps
    BBB And Sparkling Clean.

20. Back To Top    #20
    I don't even have a pool yet, and I plan on a SWG anyway, but I saw

Costco/ Sacramento:

3 large jugs of Clorox Regular bleach (6%) (182oz). Looked at the label to try to find if there were any additives, I didn't see anything that would indicate additives.
    total = 4.26 gallons/carton

for $6.09. regular price

Also, don't have to worry about buying in bulk at costco. I guess not the absolute best price, but could be pretty convenient if you're getting other stuff there anyway.
    17,500g, IG pool/spa, pebblesheen, Autopilot TC SWG, Pentair 4x160 variable speed pump. Sta-rite cartridge filter, Sta-rite Gas heater, Polaris 280 cleaner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast