problem after black algae killer added

Aug 10, 2013
Stockton, Ca.
Hi there:
I need some help. I had a little black algae starting to pop up. I went to Leslies. They gave me black algae killer. I put 1qt 6 ounces in . Then scrubbed for 2 hrs. Then added phosfree and ran for 2 days. I think all algae is gone and the pool is crystal clear but there is this lingering smell and foaminess to it two weeks later.

Chris 30k gal, in ground, Stockton, ca. all readings normal

Other than the smell and foam, is your water clear?

We will still need water test reults to help you get back to normal, but I can tell you in advance, chlorine is the only thing you will probably need. Stay away from the Pool Store.....they are hurting, not helping.

1. Don't put anything with copper into your pool.

2. You didn't post your CYA level, but even without knowing that, I would suggest you elevate your chlorine to about 8-10ppm and then hold it that high until the foam and smell are gone.....probably only take a day or two.

3. read "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School. That'll help keep you out of the pool store that caused your problems.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.