Polaris 360 stands for PITA

gm32

Feb 9, 2013
Dallas, Tx
Hey everyone,

I wanted to ask about repairing vs replacing my pool cleaner. Right now I have an inherited Polaris 360 which is about 10 years old and is the bane of my existence right now. I seem to have to do something every few days (uneat the tail, adjust the pressure, replace bag, replace hose, etc). Most recently, the back up valve casing split. I went to my local pol store which was nice enough to give me an old one they had lying around for free while I evaluated options instead of paying for a 100 back up. They have commented how they don't have much left in the way of 360 parts.

Well, a few weeks later now and the Dang thing gave out again. I really don;t want to replace the piece for 100 and hope nothing else goes wrong soon. I feel like 10 years is a decent lifespan and it is time to just get a new unit. Any I being silly? Should I just buy the part and hope everything stays fine for a while or should i just bite th bullet and get a newer model cleaner?

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.