Waxahachie, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
There is a booster pump that comes on to operate the Polaris cleaner. Should the main pump be running at the same time?

Cliff Notes: I mowed the yard, grass in the pool, turned on the main pump to skim, it ran for 12 hours then turned off. Meanwhile it is programmed to come on at 9:00am. It missed that cycle since it was already running. Polaris stated at 10:00am. I checked and the booster was the only one on. I turned on the main pump just to be safe... Did I read that the booster pump should come on only after the main pump is on?

Thanks!!

I'm not sure if I know what that means.. :oops: but it was listed as a feature on my equipment.

Maybe it's on the heater?

Attachments

• Image 11.jpg
    Image 11.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 100
I think that they have their standard equipment listed without regard to the upgrades. It also shows an inline tab feeder when you have salt, which I would think they wouldn't do.

He tried to talk me out of salt.. maybe he thought I'd change my mind. :wink: I've still got the bucket of pucks from over a year ago.. haha.. I suppose if we were going on vacation I could use the tab feeder... but I'd rather not.

Can you tell what the dual timer is for?

Not a timer that I manually set. Everything is done thru the Easytouch. When I want the spa on, I manually push "Spa" on the inside remote. It automatically shuts down at a certain temperature. It may be a feature I haven't had to use since it is all automated..

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'll bet you're right.

Maybe it's the pool pump, it's a 3 HP variable speed pump. There are 4 speed buttons on it.. but again it's managed by the Easytouch.

Thank you!!

I might add... that the Easytouch has not been set up for me to set the VS pump speeds... It's basically on or off, at the low speed. I wasn't shown how to override the ET.

imrodee said:
.... I mowed the yard, grass in the pool, turned on the main pump to skim, it ran for 12 hours then turned off. Meanwhile it is programmed to come on at 9:00am. It missed that cycle since it was already running. Polaris stated at 10:00am. I checked and the booster was the only one on. I turned on the main pump just to be safe... Did I read that the booster pump should come on only after the main pump is on?

It turned off after 12 hours because there's an auto-off mode when a device is manually turned on. Did it come on the next day at 9am like it should have? Do you know how to check the Schedules so you can tell when the main pump and booster pump come on? While your at it, make sure your cleaner/booster pump isn't on unnecesaringly long. I have a number of trees in my yard and still only need to run my Polaris 280 a half hour a day.

Kev, I had turned the pump on at 9:30pm, and it ran until 9:30am. Then it shut off. It would have normally come on at 9:00am, but it was still in the "manual" mode.

The cleaner comes on at 10am - which it did. But the main pump was waiting until the next scheduled cycle.

You are right, the cleaner may be on a tad long. I'll watch and see. Sometimes he just goes and sits in the grotto for a while.. :sleep: So he's not always working, if you know what I mean.

Yeah, not to mention that by running the booster pump and cleaner too long your wearing things down faster and wasting electricity.

Its been a while since I read the manual, but I thought that if a manual over-ride runs into a scheduled time it would just stay on.

Good luck :cool:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.