Parallel or series cell installation?

New2Me

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 2, 2008
SW Indiana
Will it make a large difference in production to have cells in series? Will the salt level drop of the first cell make the second much less effective? I'm thinking of two Intex AGP SWC for my ~24,000 gal IG pool. I can either put them in series on my heater out line, make a T for two, or go further downstream and put one on each of two returns(least cosmetically pleasing.) Either way, I plan on just using one flow switch, and separating the transformers from the controls, and all of it from the bases. Wallyworld has these for $180 shipped to store, so I'll have a total of $360 invested, with a cell replacement cost of $360, if both go at the same time, plus extra flowmeters, controls and transformers. If I go the return line route, i might just go ahead and put in three, and make a bench to cover it all up, that way all of the water is treated. Does this sound too crazy?

The Intex web site is criminally devoid of any useful information about the product, but from the pictures it looks like the diameter of the actual cell is pretty small. You may need to install in parallel just to make sure that enough water gets through your current system. :(

I was kind of worried about the restriction too, that's why I'm now thinking of going into two of the three returns, that way the third is a "relief" return. When I look at some of the IG systems, specifically the Zodiac, I wondered about the restriction the U in the piping causes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.