New Filter Installation TODAY.. questions

May 26, 2008
Tennessee
Hello. Had some multi valve and lateral problems and decided to just buy all new.. and go with a bigger filter. (my pool: 24ft round, AG). Went from 18 inch filter to 24 in filter. Running a 1 hp pump.

Anyway.. the filter arrived yesterday. Everything seems to be there.... but instruction manual is somewhat vague. I have read here and watched you tube videos on filter installs, sand replacement, etc etc.. So I think I have a pretty good understanding of the procedure. But, as usual.. something comes up that I am not sure of.

FIRST: The laterals on this unit do not fold up.. so you must put the main shaft inside the tank then attach the laterals. Theres no mention of correct lateral installation in the manual. It seems that these slide in.. then a quarter turn to the right.. is that it? They are not loose.. but they don't screw in tight either. I guess the sand holds them in place? Or am I missing something?

ALSO: This was in the box.. just kinda loose.. anybody know what it is.. or what it's for? Looks kinda like a mini vacuum hose you would use in an aquarium.. odd.

filterparts1.jpg

close up of end:
filterparts2.jpg

yes.. it is an air vent. I had to go buy some filter sand. so I took it with me to the pool store. they said exactly what you said.. and told me I didn't need it with my filter.

by the way.. the new filter is installed and running! waiting for the water to clear up.. it's been a week with no filter.. only circulating the water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.