Aqua Rite T-Cell -9/Is it time for replacement?

Aug 9, 2013
Marrerotwister here from New Orleans, La. WHO DAT! First time posting a question.

I have an inground pool, 15,500 gal. salt water with a Aqua Rite Chlorine Generator; My Chlorine Generator unit and cell t-9 is 3 years old and out of warranty approximately 18 days. The unit was self installed and worked wonderful for the 3 years; so I guess I did pretty good.

Recently I began to have algae blooms; The first time I did not have the water chemistry right, the second time, I began to suspect my t-9 cell was not properly operating or dead.
I just drained the pool due to a leaky fittin in my hot tub, so now I had to start fresh.
New water, 10 bags of salt, some conditioner...etc.etc.
For two days now my numbers on the unit has been as follows:
2600 ppm
90 degrees
Voltage varies 10-18 +
ampage is 0 and remains zero

The fuse on the main unit is good. The cell is clean as well.
Can I replace the t-9 cell with confidence that there isn't something wrong with the main box?
One other note, All LED's seem to work, however when the unit kicks on, the LED's on Power and generating on stays on for about 15 seconds and then goes out. The ampage reading zero is most concerning to me.

Welcome to TFP!
Sorry it took so long to get you a response...usually we're faster around here. What is the percentage setting on the unit? Try moving it to "superchlorinate" or whatever it's called (slide the switch up) and see what the readings are then. No bad lights I assume (hi/low salt, flow, check cell, etc).

Your unit should work at 2600 ppm, but if it's giving you a low salt reading, just add a little more till it's happy again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.