Is my SWG dead?

HOw about the make and model of your SWG (but I expect it's a Goldline unit or a Mineral Springs unit which is just a rebranded Goldline from what you said about 'minerals') the size of your pool, type of filter, pool surface type, and a full set of test results for starters. :wink:

Finally done with school for the year! Now I'm hoping to get this SWG figgered out.

It is a "Mineral Springs" unit. The control box says MS-11, but it also has a sticker on it which says AQ-RITE - X281 (Could that mean AquaRite?)
The cell says Mineral Springs Cell-15.

My test numbers as of this morning FC 0, CC 0, TC 0, pH 7.7, Alk 130, Cal 380, CYA 40, Temp 84 degrees, Salt (per Ben's drop test) 4000.
(I didn't add bleach yesterday)

My salt tests always ran 200-500 above what my digital readout ever said!

When I turn on my unit it initially reads Minerals 1800, V 23.6, amps 3.84, generating sanitizer (I have it set at 70%); but then the readings cycle down to 0 minerals, 30V, 0 amps and it says to inspect cell and check mineral levels. The cell is clean, there is no build-up. There was some crystals on it when I closed for the winter, but no recurrence this year.

The salt level of the Aquarite/Mineral Springs system is based on the cell amps and volts, and "assumes" a salt level. As the cell starts to fail, the unit assumes lower salt levels and tells you to add salt, to compensate for a failing cell.
However, it gets to a point of diminishing returns, where it just doesn't compensate any more for the failing condition.
If you are able to see past the plastic baffles in front of the cell blades, you may be able to see the leading edges of the terminal blades. For the T15, that should be similar to the Pool Pilot cell, which would be the middle and two outer blades. If the leading edges appear to be shorter than the ones between them, it's a good indicator that the cell if failing or needs to be replaced.

The varied cell amps and volts are another indicator of the condition of the cell.

Besides the cell condition, your cya level is rather low and should be increased to 75 - 80 ppm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.