Help Identifying This Old Jacuzzi

Jul 24, 2012
Tahlequah, Ok
I have this old Jacuzzi hot tub that I've been messing with. I pulled it out of my sister's yard. Her husband got it for free about 5 years before I took it. He had all the parts at one time but all I was able to find with it were the pump, filter and blower.

The first pic is of the plate on the topside, located next to where the controls should be and says "Downeast". The second is of the tub itself. It measures 6' 1" inside, and 26" to the seat areas all around, octagon shaped. As you can see, it also has very nice tile work, too. The footwell in the bottom measures 32" across and is 14" deep. It has one light in the footwell, a suction tube topside, 4 jets, and plumbing and holes in the seats for an air blower.
(I've installed a universal dual voltage in-line heater wired up to 120V, but after an hour I only saw a 3 degree increase in temp from 67 degree well water to 70 degree treated water. May change it to 240V and see what that does.)

The pump is a 1.5 HP Hayward Max-Flo with a big Hayward C750 Star Clear filter. I serviced the pump and plumbed it in and it runs like a champ. I'm seriously considering adapting it to my pool if I can't get this tub going. I've ran the pump, fixed leaks and replaced pipe, and have actually used the tub a couple of cool nights when the sun had warmed the water up. I'd really like to get it back in shape. I plan on moving it closer to the pool and expanding the deck around it.

If anyone has an idea of what this is, I would appreciate the help....

Attachments

• jacuzzi.jpg
    jacuzzi.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 68
  • plate.jpg
    plate.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 68
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.