New to TFP - High PH

I'm a convert. I've switched to liquid chlorine from pucks and slammed my pool effectively once. The water has never looked as beautiful. However, my PH is pretty high right now. Here are my readings from today:

CL - 6.5 (added some this morning)
PH - 8.2
TA - 90
CH - 340
CYA - 38

I should be lowering PH right? Should I add stabilizer to lower PH and increase CYA?

I'm a little confused. Thanks for your help.

Adding stabilzer (cya) is not a good way to adjust ph since the stabilizer does not disolve quickly and doesn't move ph much in the amounts you could use.

Use Muriatic Acid to adjust ph. If your ph is reading 8.2 it can actually be much higher. I would use poolcalculator.com to calculate how much you need to go from 8.2 to 7.4, then add it in front of a pool return and test the water again in 1 hour. Redose and retest as needed to get down in the 7.5-7.8 range.

Just adjust pH using Muriatic Acid. You'll probably need to start doing that - the pucks were taking care of it for you as they're very acidic.

I'd hold off on raising CYA. That way you have a little breathing room if you want to leave town for a few days. You can load a floater with pucks to keep that sparkly pool going in your absence without worrying about overdoing the CYA that way.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.