New Pool - Starting with BBB

shltn

Jul 23, 2013
Our pool was just installed and filled. Here are my measurements with the TF100

FC: 1
pH: 8.2
TA: 40
CH: 110
CYA: 0 (poured it to the top and could still see the dot - water was clear)

According to the Pool Calculator I should add 71oz of the 8.25% strength bleach I have and 84oz of the powder stabilizer. Does all this sound on track? Any other recommendations?

After the pump runs for 30 minutes after adjusting your pH, add some chlorine and then hang enough CYA (Conditioner) in an old sock in front of the return fitting (way from wall) to get you to 30-40PPM. It may take a couple days to dissolve the CYA.

Thanks for the replies!

I've got the stabilizer in a sock in front of the skimmer now and about 1/2 the bleach added. I thought I read where you need to break up adding bleach into a couple doses.

I'll read on Pool School about lowering the pH. I had the bleach and stabilizer on hand but that was it.

NOPE... adding all the bleach in front of the return in one pour is fine. I think a practical limit of one jug at a time; then do the next one if you need to.

I like to pour it in a stream less than a pencil in diameter so it mixes well with the water.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.