Can hear air girgling through tube sucking water into filter

rj2222

Jun 11, 2012
Michigan
Hey guys. I have an intex AGP with a (i think) 1,500 gallons per hour filter. the filter just isn't sucking right, you can hear it girgling (cant think of how else to describe it) through the tube sucking water into the filter, and every time i do the air release on the top of the filter cannister, you can tell there's a lot of air in there because it takes a while before water starts spilling out.

What are some common causes for that that I should check in to? Someone told me i might need to just put some grease or something on some of the black plastic o-rings? I'm new to all this.

Re: Can hear air girgling through tube sucking water into fi

Sounds like an air leak. Get some pool lube (silicon grease) and lube all o-rings on all connections.

Re: Can hear air girgling through tube sucking water into fi

For round o-rings, you can apply it generously and work it around to both sides without removing the o-ring. Flat o-rings should only need it on one side. Inspect the o-rings first for any cracks which may be causing the problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.