Pool pilot, is calibration necessary

Hi all, I have the pool pilot digital DIG-220 and was wondering if I need to calibrate it. Last week it told me to add 25 lbs of salt. I went ahead and added 40 lbs because it would leave me well in the range. Anyway, when I test water with Taylor k-1766 salt test kit I get 2800. The dig 220 tells me 3100. My question is, does the pool pilot actually have a salt sensor or is it just going by the numbers the PB put in during installation? I know it's only 300 ppm difference but the temp display is off by 6 to 10 degrees on any given day. Does it have a temperature sensor or is it how it was calibrated at install.? I guess I'm just don't want to mess it up by calibrating it, but at the same time I want the info to be correct. Thanks for your input.
Ryan

It has a salt sensor, which was calibrated at the factory. You should not need to calibrate it again for several years. Also, all of the salt tests are +-400, or worse, so you two current test results actually agree with each other within the precision of the test.

It also has a temperature sensor. I have seen more variation in temperature readings from unit to unit than I see with salt readings. However, don't automatically assume whatever other method you have for measuring temperature is necessarily correct either. The temperature sensor is measuring the temperature of the return jets, which is often somewhat different from the temperature of the pool overall.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.