POOL SALT LEVEL

Jun 10, 2013
My Salt Level has remained at or above 4000 all summer. When the pool guys did the opening, I think they put too much beginnings in it and it started out at 4800 (and this was in April). I've not been putting in renewal all summer. When the pool guys come back to do the maintenance, they say it's fine and that it's producing chlorine.

I have doubts about this. Can you advise what I can do myself to make sure that the Mineral Springs Chlorinator is working correctly? Thanks, Mike

How are you measuring the level?

Looking at the user manual it talks about dilution if the level is over 3600 ppm. However, if the swg (Saltwater chlorine generator) is happy then I wouldn't worry about it.

What is your current FC level (and how did you test for it)?

How does your water look?

The best thing you can do is get a good test kit and get a salt test for yourself.

Tell us more about your equipment and pool. Put it in your sig makes it easy for us to see.

Are there any warnings on the swg telling you that you have high salt, etc.?
What does the FC test show whenever you test it?

Pool looks and feel great actually. I have a Mineral Springs Salt Pool. Occasionally, I get high salt lights on after I put in some PH Down. But it never gave off any bells or lights warnings otherwise.

I do have a basic kit to test the chemistry in the pool but don't have anything for testing salt level in the pool. I will look for that tomorrow.

That "special" salt is such a waste of money. Just use some solar salt from the hardware store the next time you need salt. Unless you are paying less than $5/40lbs for it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.