All of my test #'s are low...where do I start?

Jul 7, 2011
N. Ga Mountains
So...N Ga is raining , raining raining. I have been out of town and my DH has thankfully kept the water level below the top by running the pump to waste until the water is half way on the skimmer. Here ois muy problem. I have a salt water generator (that was keeping everything beautiful) but now my salt is way low (from dilution). My PH is a little low. Chlorine is non existant. TA is low. What do I do first? I do have some algae beginning on the bottom and I know I need to shock and I know how to use your method. I just need to know if I add salt first? Turn off the SWG? Add Borax? Here are my #'s

FC .5
CC 0
TC .5
PH 7.5
TA 4
CYA 20
Salt 2500 (Jandy requires 4000)

I am going to sweep the bottom before shocking starts. I have to get in to do it because I am short and have a difficult time reaching over where I don't have a deck. I just need to know if I add everything all at once or shock first? Turn up SWG or turn off SWG? Thanks so much, you guys on here are always awesome!! :-D

PH is fine. Your CYA is far too low for your SWG to function properly, but don't raise it until you complete SLAM. You can go ahead and add salt if you like. You can fix TA after the process.

So I went out to turn off the Sag. It was not on and wont come on. I checked and it is not the electric circuit. Will it turn on if the salt is too low? I just got this at the beginning of the season. We have had over 10 inches of rain this week and I was out of town so I just discovered it not on. Does anyone know if the Jsandye Aopure35Plg has a reset? I looked in the manual and cant find. One. I guess now I know why my chlorine level was so low. :|

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.